We are Opal Transfer! For 16 years we are helping our customers in one of the most important parts of their lives – sending money home. Our Compliance Team’s task is to provide a friendly and easy AML and Compliance procedures for the clients and at the same time to maintain the requirements of the Payment industry standards and best practice.
Now, we are one step closer to launch a new exciting product. We are looking for a driven and talented MLRO Assistant and with the potential to become a next MLRO. This is a career opportunity.
Are you passionate about compliance, analysis, monitoring systems and record-keeping? Are you a specialist with a high sense of responsibility and keen in details? If you are ready for a new challenge, we’ll be happy to meet you!
Main duties & responsibilities
- Work closely with the client onboarding (KYC) team
- Maintain close control of the AML, CTF and Financial Crime processes
- Oversight of requests for approval of enhanced risk clients and transactions
- The full cycle of work on suspicious activity reports (SARs)
- Prepare quarterly AML/Compliance reports to the Board of Directors
- Conduct enhanced due diligence including investigation of instances PEPs and sanctions hits, and make searches
- Deputise for the MLRO when needed
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- At least 3 years experience in AML/Compliance role or a strongly related to AML role
- Excellent knowledge and experience of financial crime issues arising from the onboarding and reviewing the client relationships
- Analytical decision-making skills during customer and transaction monitoring
- Good knowledge of current regulatory and legislative requirements to AML, Sanctions and Terrorist Financing
- A solid understanding of the Payment Industry sector and a willingness to understand new business lines as appropriate.
- Experience of dealing with all levels of seniority and understanding adjusting your communication to suit your audience.
- Ability to work and strive for the success of a small team
- Ability to conduct quality assurance over the work of others providing constructive feedback and recommendations
- Preferable additional language skills of our clients - Russian/ Polish/ Bulgarian/ Romanian.
Opal Transfer philosophy is to invest in the employees’ knowledge and development. And not only that - we keep the best staff for the long term and many people choose to stay with the company for many years, some over 10 years, because we treasure our team spirit. We are passionate and talented individuals but we also know how to party. With us, you feel trusted and valued.
If you are looking for a full-time job with a growth opportunity, different challenges every day and working together with friendly people in the City, Central London, Opal Transfer is the right place for you.
Send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The salary is dependent on your experience and responsibilities you are able to take.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £28 000